Details for the Christmas Concert 2018
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the SWSCB Christmas Concert on Saturday 8th December at George Abbot School. Please note the following details for the concert:
Emma Humphreys , Band Wardrobe Manager, will be on the registration desk on Saturday morning, 1st December to help with uniform ahead of the concert the following week.
- New junior members can purchase bow-ties for £10. They will also need to wear white shirts ("school type" with a collar), black trousers (no jeans or leggings), black socks and black shoes for the concert. We have a small supply of second hand shirts and trousers which can be loaned if needed.
- New full seniors can purchase long ties for £12 and be fitted with a loaned waistcoat. Please note that senior rehearsal members continue to wear junior uniform until they are full seniors.
- Please can all members check and try on their uniform this week, in case of any growth spurts! Any issues please get in touch with Emma: email@example.com
- Please could all members wear a Christmas hat on the day.
Timing and Set Up
Please will all band members arrive at 9.00am which is when we have access to the building.
The concert will begin at 9.30am and all proceedings will be finished by 12.00pm.
*** Please can we have some parents available to help set up at 9.00am and clear up before 12.00pm ***
- The concert will be held in the Raynham Building at George Abbot School, which is at the London Road end of the school. You will need to drive along to the end of Woodruff Avenue, turn right into the school entrance, then turn right again and drive the full length of the school until you reach the roundabout. There is a good amount of parking at the school. Please see: http://goo.gl/MLHgoa
goo.glLocation map of GU1 1XX.
- A raffle will be held at the start of the second half. Please bring a prize (e.g. chocolates, bottle of wine etc) for the raffle and be prepared to buy tickets.
Mince Pies and Refreshments
- We will serve refreshments including mince pies/biscuits during the interval. It would be great if as many parents as possible could help by donating some mince pies or biscuits.
*** We would be very grateful for practical support on the day - if you can help with refreshments or running the raffle please contact me as soon as possible. ***
I look forward to seeing you there.