Parents and Carers Involvement
Organisations like SWSCB always benefit from behind-the-scenes volunteers.
We ask that all families contribute to the Refreshments Rota. This involves serving refreshments at rehearsal once or twice a year.
In addition you are always welcome to help out at concerts and other events, or be a part of the Friends committee.
If you are on the junior band rota:
- Please let the registrars know that you are there at approx. 9.00am.
- Please each bring a pint of milk, a couple of packets of biscuits, a bin bag and 2 tea towels. (There will be about 60 players and tutors to provide for.) A kettle, mugs, plastic cups, tea, coffee and sugar will be provided. Refreshments are usually served at approx. 9.30am.
- When you have finished, please wash up and dry the mugs/plastic cups ready for use at the senior rehearsal.
If you are on the senior band rota:
- Please let the registrars know that you are there at the start of senior rehearsal.
- The same applies as for juniors; please each bring a pint of milk, a couple of packets of biscuits, a bin bag and 2 tea towels. (There will be about 50 players and tutors at the Senior band rehearsal.) Refreshments are usually served at approx. 11.15am.
- When you have finished, please wash up and dry the mugs/plastic cups and put them back in their boxes.
NB: Queen Eleanor’s School has a nut free policy and SWSCB has members with nut allergies. Therefore PLEASE DO NOT bring biscuits that (to the best of your knowledge) contain nuts.
If your name is not on this rota, you can expect to be called up next term.
If you have been given a date that is inconvenient, please contact others on the list to see if anyone can swap dates and also let the rota co-ordinator know by email. Contact details are available on the detailed list you will have been sent by email..
If you cannot make alternative arrangements or have a problem in attending please contact the co-ordinator or a committee member. We try to contact parents in advance to remind them that their turn is coming up but please do not rely on this.
||Miles Muller von Blumencron